Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Your 2014 Marketing Plan - Start!

We're well into the 4th quarter and many Modern Marketers' thoughts are turning to their 2014 marketing plans, activities, goals, etc.  I think it's really important that each and every marketer go through the exercise of writing a marketing plan.  What's that you say, your CEO or CMO says they have the marketing plan in their head or they know what the plan is so there's no need to write it down?  If that is the case in your company, I challenge you to challenge your management on this issue.



If a marketing plan is not written down, then it does not exist. Period.

It's a lot of work to write a proper marketing plan, but I guarantee that it is worth it.  What are you waiting for?  Time to get started.

I'll be writing a series of blog posts over the next few weeks talking about each part of the marketing plan.  As a refresher, you may want to review this overview I wrote a few months ago, The Formal Marketing Plan.