Tuesday, January 28, 2014

1 Down 11 to Go

January is over.  1/12th of the year is done.  Are you on track?  How many of my fellow marketers out there were ready with outbound and inbound activities that hit during the month of January.  I suspect there were more who did not than did.  I know, I know, it's not your fault.  It's those damn executives who can't make up their minds about budgets until it's too late to place orders for January.  Sorry, I don't accept that excuse.

If you're a VP Marketing or CMO and you don't empower your marketing team to make it happen and start executing on January 1, and to hell with the official budget allocation, then shame on you.  You know there's going to be a marketing budget so why wait until you have the official email handed down to you?  As that great branding power from the Northwest says,  'Just Do It'.

But, I guess you'll have to take this advice next year since January is gone.