- Analytics and metrics (as discussed in the HBR blog post)
- Global business experience and cultural awareness
- Marketing automation expertise
- Understanding of the fundamentals of strategic marketing
- Holistic understanding of how marketing strategy and tactics convert to revenue (or other business goals)
- Current knowledge of marketing technology
- Comprehensive understanding of the revenue generation process (sales and marketing alignment)
Monday, January 6, 2014
What is a Modern Marketer? Here's one take...
This blog post on the HBR Blog Network addresses one aspect, the analytical marketer. I would add other components as far as the definition goes. A modern marketer should have experience and knowledge in these areas:
Perhaps not a comprehensive list and I'd love to hear from you, my readers regarding your definition of a modern marketer.